DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not seen anything regarding cabin air filters in the 2019s. Has anyone heard/seen anything about these??

·
Registered
86 Posts
According to the owners manual for the 19's, they are there. No real specifics if the location is the same, but I'm sure it is.

·
Super Moderator
34,226 Posts
Yeah I'd assume that since they were standard on the late model 4th gens, they'd be standard on all the 5th gens. IDK where it is or how to access it though. The PDF manual for 2019s is not yet available online so maybe one of our members who has one will share the information from their manual.

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,201 Posts
I too would be very surprised if the 5th gens don't have a cabin air filter. I was glad when FCA finally pulled their heads outta their.... and included them in the mid 16's and up on the 4th gens.. :smileup:

·
Super Moderator
34,226 Posts
I too would be very surprised if the 5th gens don't have a cabin air filter. I was glad when FCA finally pulled their heads outta their.... and included them in the mid 16's and up on the 4th gens.. :smileup:
That why you traded?

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,201 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yeah I'd assume that since they were standard on the late model 4th gens, they'd be standard on all the 5th gens. IDK where it is or how to access it though. The PDF manual for 2019s is not yet available online so maybe one of our members who has one will share the information from their manual.
Hi it's does have one . It's is behind the lower glove box. Same place as before.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Probably the same heater boxes as the 4th gen`s... saved themselves alotta money in redesign.
Makes me think the 5th gen`s will still have that SAME rush of cold air inside the cabs just like the 4th gen`s do.

·
Super Moderator
34,226 Posts

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
The what?
Holy shit bro,
you`ve never heard the complaints of a rush of cold air (heater on) going thru the middle of the cab when you make a turn...?
Wow, thats been an issue since the first 2009 4th gen arrived. I had a 3rd gen, but dont recall that every happening with it.
My 2018 sport does it, so they never addressed that "cold air rush" issue that i know of.
You living in a warmer climate might be why you`ve not seen it with your 4th gen.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Live in Michigan have had 3 trucks since 2012 and none of them have done this. No idea what you are referring to.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My 2017 Ram doesn't have a cold air problem either. Speaking of cabin filters, K&N makes a great replacement filter.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I'm in Canada and don't have a cold air rush problem. In fact this is the first I have heard of it.

·
Super Moderator
34,226 Posts
Bunkshuss its May and you just got the truck. Where are you getting cold air from?

·
Registered
2,713 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,226 Posts
Just get a Napa 4578

·
Premium Member
32,591 Posts
Get one with Carbon-activated cabin filter

CABIN AIR FILTER - REPLACEMENT ('10-'18)
Item #: NA-4578-COMP

Mopar cabin air filter
https://moparonlineparts.com/1500-cabin-filter-p-8603.html

these may also be the same basic cabin air filter, as always double check before buying

FRAM (Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter) CF10729
BALDWIN PA4373
CARQUEST 89313
CHRYSLER 5058381AA
CHRYSLER 5058693AA
HASTINGS AFC1328
IHC-NAVISTAR 8031900137
KLEENER CAF1845P
NAPA 4578
PARTS MASTER 94313
PUROLATOR C25869
STP CAF1845P