DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a good buddy of mine has offered me his Mopar CAI off of his 09 or 10 Ram (not sure which) and his Bully Dog programmer from same vehicle. Had same engine as my new 2011 - the 5.7 HEMI.

1) Will it fit?? I've seen reference to a new 2011 Mopar CAI for the Chargers, Challengers, 300s etc so want to be sure there's not a new fit out for the trucks as well.

2) $400 for both?? Good/Fair price?? I see the new K&N CAI's are $200-220. Know nothing about the Bully Dog. Was running an Edge Evolution in my F150 before this truck. Will Bully Dog work on my '11?

Both saw less than a year's service and are in great shape!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Last I heard, there was not any programmer For 11-12 .

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
The CAI might work but the programmer won't.

·
Registered
63 Posts
IMO Bully Dog is great in diesels but are lacking for gas performance. The only thing i noticed on my last Bully Dog tuner was V-4 mode came on more frequently and stayed on longer. If you put the Bully Dog in performance mode I would suggest you use the highest octane possible. They tend to lean out and burn down. Not bashing Bully Dog, but a Custom tune is the way to go.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
The CAI will fit however the Bullydog tuner will NOT work on your 11. New software load and so far the tuner gods have not been able to break the encryption. There are rumours that they have and will have tuners this spring but I'm not holding my breath.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts