DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have general ideas on CAI's from reading the forum and have come to two finalist:

The S&B kit:

http://www.sbfilters.com/09-12-Dodge-Ram-1500-5-7L-Hemi-75-5064

or the Vararam Air Grabber:

http://www.vararam.com/air-grabber/air-grabber.html

I'm a little iffy on the Air Grabber, seems like it covers a lot of surface area where it grabs air in front of the rad...not sure I like that but I really don't know?? The S&B has a really informative Web sit :www.sbfilters.com. They disclose testing procedures etc.

Any input would be appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry bout that!! I was trying to figure it out myself from various pics on the net. Does it cover the rad at all? if not sorry 4X4Hemi

·
Banned
1,437 Posts
haha why are you sorry? i don't think it covers it at all i will take a better look later but if it does its not much!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I bought the Air grabber for my 2500, because I liked there policy, If you don't like it, If it doesn't preform like they say it should send it back and they will pay shipping. No one else offers that... I had a Volant on for about 3 days and i didn't like the way it fit. I think the S&B is a great CAI.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
I bought the Air grabber for my 2500, because I liked there policy, If you don't like it, If it doesn't preform like they say it should send it back and they will pay shipping. No one else offers that... I had a Volant on for about 3 days and i didn't like the way it fit. I think the S&B is a great CAI.
I second that notion.

:smileup:

·
Registered
111 Posts
what do you mean covers a lot of area?? its only about a 3 inch lip or so, doesn't cover much

Did you feel their claims are well founded and not just numbers thrown at us. I feel 30 HP on a stock motor from just an intake is hard to swallow. However I am more interested in the 1-2 MPG increase, did you notice an increase in your fuel economy? :thk:

·
Banned
1,657 Posts
i have an air grabber and i did see a 1-2 mpg difference. it also does give a noticeable power increase.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts