DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's starting to really bug me how the Dodge Dealers are pumping up their Oil Change Prices. Just had my Oil Change done at Varsity in Dec./11 and it cost $82.00 for my Hemi. Yes, I know it uses more oil but I was paying $36.00 only a year or two ago for the same engine. Seems GM has also gone up but no quite as high. The oil changes for my wife's RAV4 are only $36.00 - it only uses 2 litres less oil.

I've been dealing with Varsity for over 30 years and have purchased over 10 vehicles from them. They were giving me a discount on labour and parts as a loyal Customer and even slightly discounted this last oil change but it still came to $82.00.

Hate to have to go elsewhere but this is starting to really get on my nerves. Might be time to start doing my own oil changes again.

Any comments?

·
Registered
2019 Ram Sport 4x4 Electric blue
564 Posts
yea, it can be a bit pricey, why not go to a warranty approved place and see what they charge you...?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Better yet, do all your own oil changes. Just stick to the proper times & keep all your receipts......

·
Registered
738 Posts
funny you should mention prices, my wife takes her FJ to Henniger and has always been about $80, she went to South Pointe Toyota and their all makes quicklube was $34.00.

My first oilchange ran me $64 at Big4, my Challenger was $32.00

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Better yet, do all your own oil changes. Just stick to the proper times & keep all your receipts......
^^^^ That's good advice. I do my own oil changes however my oil costs are around $10 per liter(0W20 Amsoil). So with the filter and doing it myself it is costing me about the same. Nothing but the best for my HEMI.

·
Registered
2019 Ram Sport 4x4 Electric blue
564 Posts

i was gonna say this as well, but seems as though he doesnt wanna do it himself??

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
My first oilchange ran me $64 at Big4, my Challenger was $32.00
I actually bought my Ram from Big4 and had a service done there this summer, $64.00 is what I paid. St. Albert Dodge up here is $63.00. $82.00 is a bit pricey!

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
Hell, $82 is more than the total price I pay including buying my own RP 5W-20 and having a Mr Lube do the change (stupid condo board has rules against oil changes in the parking lot). I'd definately be looking at a warranty approved place and have them do it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
What is the best oil out there for these trucks, the 5.7 specifically?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like I will have to shop around at other Warranty Approved places or do the Oil Changes myself based on everyone's comments. I am meticulous keeping receipts and records so this shouldn't be a problem. I will probably start using Synthetic or a Synthetic Blend on the next oil change as I have been using regular oil up until now.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Mine is still $32.00 for the HEMI dino oil of course... been thinking about syn for the 11.. used dino in the 08 Ram with not problems up to trade in at 80k. Drpooed the dino every 3k.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Eastside Dodge oil changes are $57.71 taxes in and also have a quicklube express lane. Wonder why other dealers are charging so much

It is a little rediculous especially since I believe both Eastside and Varsity are owned by the same group. I've already told my Service Writer at Varsity that I am not very happy and am looking elsewhere and he promised to take care of me. He said he should be able to match any other dealer but that I would have to take in a copy of the Oil Change Invoice. Thanks for letting me know what you are paying at Eastside!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mine is still $32.00 for the HEMI dino oil of course... been thinking about syn for the 11.. used dino in the 08 Ram with not problems up to trade in at 80k. Drpooed the dino every 3k.

Unfortunately, we get ripped royally up here in Canada when it comes to new vehicle and servicing prices. I used to pay $32.00 CAD for my 2003 Hemi Dino oil changes up until about 2 years ago when the prices started creeping upwards. I changed her oil religiously at 5000 km (3000 miles) and she now has 140,000 km with no issues - gave her to my Dad last year for his 75th birthday . For my 2011 Hemi Ram, I am going to switch over to Synthetic at 20,000 km which will be at my next oil change. Hope your service prices in the US do not creep up like those here in Canada!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts