DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall. im looking at putting a cam in my 5.7 gen 3. i can find some videos that show some stuff but lack in other areas. any idea where i could find a step by step? any help is greatly appreciated. also should i get springs and rods too?

·
Registered
708 Posts
You should get SRT8 valve springs and pushrods. Perhaps Inertia could help you out. Another guy would be Erik Storm at BFNY. I would ask Erik if he has a used "sidewinder cam" laying around. That is a good street cam for a Ram with a stock converter. You may not need a custom tune for a sidewinder, I ran one on a canned Superchip tune for a while. A hemifever tune, would be better. HHP in Delaware might be another option. If you go for a hotter cam, like my Inertia Spartan + you need to raise shifts and run a higher stall.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I called over to Comp Cams and they got me squared away. I also talked to hemisport and they have a tune for me. I basically watched videos for disassembling different parts of the engine. Air intake, then valve covers, the. Valve springs so on and so forth until I got to the cam. I think with the instructions s from Comp and the videos I'll be putting in no time. Cant wait.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts