DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI!

I figured I would post here as everyone is probably worn out by the 71 pages of the sticky thread on this topic.

I've started a class action suit for this issue. I need 5 individuals with this problem to be initially named to file the suit.

From attorney " I need any pamphlets, user manuals or other paperwork from when the car was purchased. Ideally there be a separate document spelling out the warranty terms. Also a repair bill or something stating the exact issue."

Bonus is you are from South Carolina ! would make the suit much easier to file. Feel free to DM me if interested.

·
Super Moderator
34,648 Posts
You may want to post a link to this thread in the sticky to attract some subscribed members from that thread.

If this forces Chrysler to acknowledge the problem and identify the cause that could only be a good thing. This is really the only big issue these engines have that keeps them from going 400,000+ miles regularly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dpitch00 I’d like to join the suit. Just shelled out $4150 to fix this issue and have paperwork from Dodge dealer detailing the issue. Only 63k miles on the motor. I sent you a PM. Please email me at [email protected] if you didn’t get it.

Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi! Sorry my wrong email was my contact point so didn’t see any responses. I can’t PM back as I don’t have the required post amount. Feel free to email [email protected] if interested in joining. Can forward contact info for attorney for those with paperwork on the issue. Sorry for the delay

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI!

I figured I would post here as everyone is probably worn out by the 71 pages of the sticky thread on this topic.

I've started a class action suit for this issue. I need 5 individuals with this problem to be initially named to file the suit.

From attorney " I need any pamphlets, user manuals or other paperwork from when the car was purchased. Ideally there be a separate document spelling out the warranty terms. Also a repair bill or something stating the exact issue."

Bonus is you are from South Carolina ! would make the suit much easier to file. Feel free to DM me if interested.
Are you still filing a class action suit because I would like to be apart of it. My husband has a 2014 ram 1500 and we just found out that it has this same issue. Please email me [email protected] so that we can discuss this further.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Dpitch00 I’d like to join the suit. Just shelled out $4150 to fix this issue and have paperwork from Dodge dealer detailing the issue. Only 63k miles on the motor. I sent you a PM. Please email me at [email protected] if you didn’t get it.

Dave
you could have gotten that done for half at some other shop other than dealer and gotten good replacement parts maybe even a bit of a cam too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good day...I would certainly like to join this lawsuit. I was just told that I had a lifter failure that caused damage to the camshaft. The cost of the repair is 4,520.90 at 114K! Whats odd is that engine light were triggered around 97k as the vehicle was overheating. The radiator was replaced but the engine was not diagnosed as the culprit. This vehicle is a 2012 Chrylser 300C 5.7liter. Certainly there is a flaw in this engine as this is way too much of a coincidence. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
HI!

I would like to file a Class Action as well. I am in Wyoming. After doing research I have noticed hundreds of people with this issue on their Hemi's. This is definately a defect and should be replaced!! Can you post this on other sites so more people with this issue can respond?

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is not a cheap fix where i am seeing people paying thousands of dollars to fix this! This is my first Dodge and I immediately had problems. Have never had problems with other vehicles I've owned!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
All manufacturers of vehicles have problems, significant ones at that Ms. Doodle. You are unfortunately just a part of an extremely low percentage of failures, there have been a million+ of Hemi 5.7s sold since 2009. If there are a few hundred camshafts repaired due to roller needle-bearing seizures, that's still well under 1 percent failure rate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI!

Bonus is you are from South Carolina ! would make the suit much easier to file. Feel free to DM me if interestedQUOTE]
2012 3500 same problem 2nd engine include me in!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would like to be included in this class action suit! I have a 2012 Ram 5.7 Hemi. 101K miles. Need to replce cam shaft / lifters. Just been quoted 5K at dealer to fix.

·
Registered
219 Posts
me too. 123K, 2011 1500, $5K...ugh

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts