DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 dodge ram 2500 qc and im going to be camming it in a few weeks and I was wanting everyones opinions on what they think would be the best for my truck. thanks in advance

·
Registered
218 Posts
I am camming my 03 hemi this weekend. I'm running a comp 260 with comp beehive springs, retainers, push rods and new roller lifters. You will probably need at least a canned tune to get it running right. Like a Superchips or something.

·
Registered
218 Posts
With a 260 cam you won't lose your bottom end power like you would a 268 or bigger. Comp has fairly affordable kits and are widely used in the hemi engine. That's what I found in my research.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
You would be best off to grab a super chips for any direction you decide to go. If you want a cookie cut cam like lonestar said sidewinder or the comp 260 will run on a can tune. If you are looking to get even more out of it try and get in contact with jmgak47. He is a quite knowledgable guy on this matter and just spec'd a cam out for a guy also running an 03 that was quite a bit bigger than a 260 but would still run on a super chips tune.

·
Registered
218 Posts
You would be best off to grab a super chips for any direction you decide to go. If you want a cookie cut cam like lonestar said sidewinder or the comp 260 will run on a can tune. If you are looking to get even more out of it try and get in contact with jmgak47. He is a quite knowledgable guy on this matter and just spec'd a cam out for a guy also running an 03 that was quite a bit bigger than a 260 but would still run on a super chips tune.
Agreed, jmgak47 is a great source. I will be buying my custom tune from him soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts