DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. I have read post on here before but I just became a member. I'm hoping somebody can give me an idea what may be wrong with my pickup. 2011 Dodge Ram extended cab 5.7 L Hemi four-wheel drive with automatic transmission. Check engine light stays on most the time, the code is a p 340 camshaft position sensor. I also have my stability control fault light that will come on once the truck warms up a little bit. The economy boost will not work with either light on and when the stability control light comes on it doesn't shift correctly and won't go into cruise control. Also, if I'm traveling down the highway and let off the gas when I push the gas pedal to go ahead and speed back up there's a hesitation of a couple seconds before it re-engages. I did have to replace the VVT valve. The one that's under the intake manifold and points towards the front. Truck was dying and wouldn't hardly even run. It was definitely broken cuz it had a little piece of plastic stuck between the cylinder and piston walls of the valve. I do not get an ABS fault warning so I'm thinking it's not my wheel speed indicators. So if anybody has encountered something like this I would be interested in hearing from you. Thanks in advance. I need to add here that I have replace the camshaft position several times. AutoZone part, not a Mopar part

1 - 1 of 1 Posts