DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my engine halfway torn apart doing timing, water pump, airgap, new valve covers, etc and was thinking I should throw a cam in there while I am at it. So I got the 5.9 with supercharger, airgap intake, bigger throttle body, ignition, exhaust, tuner, bigger injectors. So any idea on what camshaft I should be putting in there? I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to selecting that sort of thing. I am looking for of course more power and torque but reading all those specs and lift duration or whatever just confuses me. So I use it for daily driving and occasionally towing stuff. An aggressive sounding one would also be nice to. Any advice is helpful as I would like to get one ordered so I can throw this beast back together and drive it again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey there, sounds like a cool rig your putting together. I know what you mean with the cam specs, but I have the simplest and best advice, call the tech line at Comp Cams, these guys helped me through setting up 3 engines for drag cars over the last 20 years. These guys are no BS if you want the best. Call 1-800-999-0853 with your complete specs, including the following:

-Driveability required (daily driver?)
-Basic engine info incl horsepower/torque goals
-Valvetrain needs, you may have to upgrade the valve springs etc to go with cams
-Transmission and stall speed if auto
-If 4x4, size of tires/ gear ratio.

Good luck! Jim G

·
Registered
795 Posts
I agree call the pros , you cant loose just gain

1 - 3 of 3 Posts