DODGE RAM FORUM banner

camshaft

2149 Views 12 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  RamTex
I want to do a camshaft in my ram. I have a cai ,exhaust and diablosport intune. What cam should I get? Should I change the valve springs?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6,242 Posts
depends how aggressive you want to go, are you 2wd or 4 wd? If you want it to be pcm friendly the comp 260 is a nice cam...as for springs you want to get 16x 6.1 exhaust springs and 6.1 pushrods...

· Registered
6,242 Posts
if you don't mind a custom tune then you can look at inertiamotorsports.com , Stu has some really nice grinds to choose from...great guy to talk to also, call him, tell him what you got, what you plan to get, and where you want the power to come and he has a cam for that... I wanted a more midrange type of cam which was aggressive (at the time).. mine does require custom tuning but once dialed in, my truck is a dream to drive... I have the Spartan cam

· Registered
6,242 Posts
yup..2003 is the wicked stepchild for pcms... just get a mild lsa cam and you should be good.

· Registered
6,242 Posts
what we had to do with one 03 we installed a cam in was use a psc1 piggyback to pull a little fuel at idle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.