DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK here we go, I have a 1999 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4, and am in the process of switching to leds. I bought a electronic turn signal relay and installed Can Bus Leds from autozone in my tail lights. Now for some reason when I hit my brakes my dash lights come on. My brother bought some leds off of ebay and I tried them and they work fine, perfect flash and brakes, and no dash light or tag lights come on when i hit brakes or turn signals. Has anyone else had this problems and if so what kind of led do i need to look out for as not to buy.
I bought some off of ebay and but in front and they work fine, is can bus a typed that i need to be aware of. Tanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I had a similiar problem. I bought some at pepboys and when i hit the brakes my front markers and license plate lights lit up too. I added resistors and then it showed bulb out on my dash

·
Registered
492 Posts
I added 13 led tail lights instead and the resistors worked fine. The bulbs must have been junk

·
Registered
68 Posts
I bought cheap LEDs when I first put them in my truck and when I hit my break my fronts turns would come on with or without resistors. I found out you get what you pay for I bought better LEDs from super brights and have had no problems

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok heres a update, I found out that the Can Bus led you get at Autozone are for trucks and cars with the can bus system and not regual led bulbs. I bought some leds form superbrights and they work perfect after i put a electronic turn signal relay in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts