DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, new to the forum and just want to start of by saying, what a great site for good advice from everyone.

I have a question....I own a 2001 dodge ram 1500 Laramie quad cab ,4x4 wit the 5.9L

This past summer i recently installed 2.5" front coil spring spacers and 1.5" rear blocks. I also purchased another set of the other style ram OEM rims which are 16" and i believe they have 5" offset?

So here's the deal.....I was wondering if i could fit some 35's with no rub? and what size would that be? 315/75/16? someone told me i cannot go with that size on my rims? what do you guys think......thanks

·
Registered
777 Posts
It'll be tight...you may have to do steering stops and rear of the front fender trim. Since you put on 2.5 inch spacers, I'd probably install some longer control arms from a 3 inch lift, along with an adjustable track bar.
Both these mods might give you enough because they'll recenter the front axle in the wheel and the axle under the frame. The rear should be ok.
The recomended lift for 315/35 inch tires is 5 inches. You'd be much safer with 33's

Oh..your stock gears and tranny will hate trying to turn those larger heavier tires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It'll be tight...you may have to do steering stops and rear of the front fender trim. Since you put on 2.5 inch spacers, I'd probably install some longer control arms from a 3 inch lift, along with an adjustable track bar.
Both these mods might give you enough because they'll recenter the front axle in the wheel and the axle under the frame. The rear should be ok.
The recomended lift for 315/35 inch tires is 5 inches. You'd be much safer with 33's

Oh..your stock gears and tranny will hate trying to turn those larger heavier tires.
would i be okay running 305/75/16 ? by "okay" i mean rub wise and not hard on my tranny?

·
Registered
129 Posts

will the 315/75 fit on 8" wide rims?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts