DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide if I want to install a bug/rock guard on my Ram. I'm looking for pictures to get an idea what they look like. Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'll post some pics this weekend. I have a 2012 Ram with the Big Horn package. I have a smoke coloured bug deflector. I was going to go with a chrome gaurd however in my own opinion if you have too much chrome it can start to look cheap. The smoke colour accents the truck nicely and kinda makes it "pop" with the black tonneau as well. Stay tuned.:smileup:

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
Mine is the EGR SuperGuard, it is the tallest one that i could find

I don't care for the chrome shields

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking of going with the smoke but I've heard other people say they didn't like the look of it with the Silver paint. My truck is bright silver and has the chrome side nerf steps from the factory.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Here's mine when it came from the dealer with the chrome guard. I've since removed it and it is for sale. Interested?? Was on the truck for only about two weeks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Chrome! For me at least cuz I love Chrome. With the Chrome Bug Guard on my Laramie the front end looks more massive and intimidating, kind of like a Kenworth coming at you!:Wow1:

Jim in Pa

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Tried the chrome and it looked real cheezy!

Happy with my ultimate selection.

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
my 3rd gen had a 3 piece deflector from dodge. it also my matched the silver. if it were me going this route, i would get a clear deflector and paint the underside of the deflctor the same color as the truck.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts