DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Can you identify this cap/canopy?

2004 Views 23 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Tango
Interested in a cap/canopy for my ram 1500. Looking for one with functional side slider that looks proportionally correct... I saw this on another forum in a very old post. I'd love to know what cap this is. Your help is appreciated.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
2,778 Posts
Leer
Possibly teh A.R.E> Z series, though I think the windows is still muc h taller on this cap then the Z series.

That is what you want ot pay attention to:
|How Tall is teh window. How long
How much fiberglass between window and end of cap.

most go with slightly smaller windows, more fiberglass aroudn teh window so teh cap fiberglass does nto have to be as thick.

· Registered
254 Posts
I just purchased a used 2014 A.R.E. Z Series, the back section of the side windows have a crank out window as standard. They have an option for side sliders. Best to go to http://www.4are.com for all options available. They have a $100 rebate going on now on the Z Series. To give you an idea on cost, tilt front window, E-lock, and slider would be around $2,400.00 + tax. I have around $1500 plus my time for wiring it up. Repaint was $530.00 for exact paint match. Side windows were removed for painting, you can not tell it was repainted, no signs of original black paint. Local body shop did an excellent job! Saved around $1,000 over a new one.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Leer
Possibly teh A.R.E> Z series, though I think the windows is still muc h taller on this cap then the Z series.

That is what you want ot pay attention to:
|How Tall is teh window. How long
How much fiberglass between window and end of cap.

most go with slightly smaller windows, more fiberglass aroudn teh window so teh cap fiberglass does nto have to be as thick.
Yeah, I have been crawling through most of the cap manufacturers websites, but I can't seem to find one in the same proportions. I really actually like that the sliding windows are taller. I feel like it matches the door windows better. I don't think it's a Leer. It just doesn't look like anything of theirs... besides if no Leer badging.

Hopefully someone will recognize it. I really like this canopy!

· Registered
2,778 Posts
Snugtop SuperSport.

Knew i had seen one similar --- Over another forum, where i have the same screen name.

hope you are happy with whatever you end up getting.

be sure to post us up some pics!!

· Registered
243 Posts
Yeah, I have been crawling through most of the cap manufacturers websites, but I can't seem to find one in the same proportions. I really actually like that the sliding windows are taller. I feel like it matches the door windows better. I don't think it's a Leer. It just doesn't look like anything of theirs... besides if no Leer badging.

Hopefully someone will recognize it. I really like this canopy!
Leer does have one very close to that, here it is the roof rack is a option.

· Registered
2,778 Posts
I brought this one on craigslist for $700 exact color of my truck.Fold in window for cleaning, roof rails etc..
It is the ARE Z series
I called ARE and they told me $2600 new

You flat out stole that cap, at that price.

· Registered
137 Posts
Thanks guys

Yeah I couldn't believe it when I seen it pop up on craigslist. I told my boss the second I seen it (because the guy answered right away and said it was available and he was home) I need to take 1/2 a vday. I went to the bank and drove an hour to get it 10 min later.
Wasn't letting it get away

· Registered
2,778 Posts
A N D

H E R E I S T H E C A P

http://s786.photobucket.com/user/hamachi14/media/06%20mega%20cab/Picture324.jpg.html

Though I was wrong,not a snugtop super sport= it is a snugtop XV

according to his original post

www. cummins forum .com/forum/3rd-gen-non-powertrain/284998-caps-toppers-canopies-lets-see-em-3.html#post3073804

REMOVE THE SPACES, in the above

btw, clicking that little scale icon, top right corner of this post, is how you give rep points.

just in case you wanted to know.

Reactions: LowUFO
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.