DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
It should be possible, I have helped do it in a couple of Chevys. Not sure about the price, everything we used came from the salvage yard, including door panels, all the motors and switches, etc. Probably won't be cheap. And with the weird Canbus Electrical system I'm assuming a trip to the dealer for a flash as well. Good Luck !

·
Registered
136 Posts
Or...do like Sk8ter dude said...you'd probably make out a lot cheaper...but you never know. At least you now have ebay prices to compare with the junk yard prices. Then you can decide whether or not to go with new or 2nd hand. I, personally, have nothing against 2nd hand parts....after they've been inspected fully, and function-tested, if possible.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Nice finds ARMedNBangin ! That is also a good point with the inspection of the salvaged parts, it's always best to have some way to see if they work before going through the hassle, or getting some kind of written warranty from the yard. But those eBay prices don't seem to bad. I'm not to sure how different your door panels would be besides where your roller is, If no difference I guess you could always keep them and plug or cover the holes if you're o.k. with it ?

·
Registered
136 Posts
You're welcomed. Another good thing about the salvage yard idea is that you might be able to get the door panels also, to negate that manual roll handle's hole.

It's probably gonna be difficult to function test the power windows at the salvage yard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.