DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if you can turn the B/U camera on without actually backing up.

I've wished I could do that on my 2015 Outdoorsman while cruising so I could see the the tow set up and/or see what the tailgating jerk behind me was doing sans trailer.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My 2017 also does this, but seems like 10 seconds or so.
It's the same with the 2019s. Can turn it on, but it only stays on for about 10 seconds. If you have the 360 degree camera package, there are several different looks you can get (like looking at the front camera to see how close you are getting to something, etc).

·
Registered
771 Posts
My 16 does it too. Nice feature for checking out the hot chick who's tailgating you or the brain-dead millennial who's looking at his phone. Let you know when's a good time to tap the brake-lights.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I was just wondering if you can turn the B/U camera on without actually backing up.

I've wished I could do that on my 2015 Outdoorsman while cruising so I could see the the tow set up and/or see what the tailgating jerk behind me was doing sans trailer.
Yes. On my 2019 (12" screen) there's a dedicated soft button. You can even drag it to your favorites (that's what I did), so I that's the first one on my screen that's available at any time.

Neurobit

·
Registered
44 Posts
I replaced the factory 5.0 radio with a Kenwood DDX9903s. I can turn on the back up camera or the one I mounted in front and they stay on. If you look online one will run you $450-$500. The DDX9904s is the newer version but they actually have less options to them.

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
If your dealer will activate it for you :8-dontknow:

having a Cargo Camera installed is the best way to go

1 - 10 of 10 Posts