DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone successfully upgraded the quad style headlight of a 2015+ RAM 1500 to the projector one and managed to get the amber daytime running lights of the projector work like higher level factory trims that ship with projectors?

I know with the kit sold online the high beams would light up instead of the amber daytime running lights (here referring to the solution using the latest retroshop harness sold on their site as per their youtube video) -- I understand why that happens and all.

I also know that such potential upgrade from quad to project would require some major hack but I wanted to know if anyone ever embarked on this and got it to work in reality.

·
Registered
7,825 Posts
That would be nice to be able to do that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know its been over a year since this question was posted, but for anyone interested, the best way to have the amber DRL's function when converting from quads to projectors is as follows:
  • Install projector headlights using conversion harness (available from various sites such as Retroshop, Ess K Customs, Retrofit Source, Headlight Revolution)
  • Download AlfaOBD and purchase a compatible bluetooth OBD tool such as OBD Link MX+ (plenty of information available in various forums)
  • AlfaOBD allows you to configure all sorts of vehicle functions and settings, including the DRL's. Using AlfaOBD, change the DRL output to your turn signal lights (again plenty of step by step guides online)
  • Now the amber LED's will come on as DRL's
This works flawlessly, however I recommend anyone trying this spend some time reading the various Ram AlfaOBD forums and follow the steps closely, as you can screw up important vehicle settings if you don't know what you are doing.

·
Registered
7,825 Posts
I know its been over a year since this question was posted, but for anyone interested, the best way to have the amber DRL's function when converting from quads to projectors is as follows:
  • Install projector headlights using conversion harness (available from various sites such as Retroshop, Ess K Customs, Retrofit Source, Headlight Revolution)
  • Download AlfaOBD and purchase a compatible bluetooth OBD tool such as OBD Link MX+ (plenty of information available in various forums)
  • AlfaOBD allows you to configure all sorts of vehicle functions and settings, including the DRL's. Using AlfaOBD, change the DRL output to your turn signal lights (again plenty of step by step guides online)
  • Now the amber LED's will come on as DRL's
This works flawlessly, however I recommend anyone trying this spend some time reading the various Ram AlfaOBD forums and follow the steps closely, as you can screw up important vehicle settings if you don't know what you are doing.
Thanks for the info

1 - 4 of 4 Posts