DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of pure indecisiveness, I purchased a Cherry Bomb Extreme muffler (aluminized) and a Flowmaster Super 10 (stainless steel). They have been sitting in my closet waiting for one to be chosen. Does one have better preservation of the low-end torque that everyone talks about losing or is one more superior than the other? I have seen pictures on google on what the insides look like and can't really make use of which muffler is the better of the two.

So, I need help from my friendly community of Ram owners. Oh, and I live in Texas so I really don't deal with corrosion like some of you guys up north. The help would be awesome!:smileup:

·
Registered
469 Posts
put the flowmaster on the truck. only muffler I would putbon these trucks. can't wait to ditch the magnaflow, love the sound just not loud enough for Me. getting a flowmaster

·
Registered
169 Posts
id put the 10 series on, had 10 series on my 03 gt and cherry bomb extreme axlebacks on my 06 gt, the flows sounded better, less drone too.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
If you are looking for performance I would go with whichever one flows better. I'm not to familiar with the insides of a Cherry Bomb Extreme but I know the Flowmaster is chambered and you really won't see any gains from it because of that. On the other hand if the Cherry Bomb is chambered too then it all depends on the sound you want/ how loud you want to be. I believe the super 10 is the loudest muffler Flowmaster makes and I have heard it ona few cars and it roars. Never heard the Cherry Bomb in person so I cant comment on that. Look up some videos online and you be able to hear sound clips of both.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I have a cherry bomb extreme and love it. They only drone i get is around 70-73 mph when going up a hill and it doesnt downshift.. i have 0 compaints about this muffler affter almost a year.

I also had one on my 05 silverado 5.3 dumped after the axle, again 0 complaints.
Its loud around town gettin up to speed, merging onto the highway, wot, ect. And quiet whem cruising

The only thing that makes me say 10 series is its SS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts