DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 dodge ram 1500 with lots of KM. I want to convert the exhaut from a single to a dual + overall get an upgrade in it. I don't want to put tons of money into it considering how old and the kilometres on it. I mostly can't decide what brand i want to use. Flowmaster, magnaflow or cherrybomb?! I want a deep, low, growl sound and performance increases would obviously be a bonus. I've tried doing some research and watching youtube videos, but you just cant know for sure how good or bad the quality is ! Some feedback would be greatly appreciated! :)

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
I myself have always preferred the Magnaflow line myself, however I am byassed as I have rarely got away from magnaflow and aways returned to it, so my vote is for magnaflow :) If you need some killer pricing let me know we have the lowest prices on magnaflow products :)

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
same here, go with magnaflow..I too went away and did flowmaster's and realized my mistake (too loud, loss performance) and came back to magnaflows... since i didn't see "I want an exhaust that's LOUD" in you description, you definitely want to stay away from flows..

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have an 03 dodge ram 1500 with lots of KM. I want to convert the exhaut from a single to a dual + overall get an upgrade in it. I don't want to put tons of money into it considering how old and the kilometres on it. I mostly can't decide what brand i want to use. Flowmaster, magnaflow or cherrybomb?! I want a deep, low, growl sound and performance increases would obviously be a bonus. I've tried doing some research and watching youtube videos, but you just cant know for sure how good or bad the quality is ! Some feedback would be greatly appreciated! :)
Since you dont want to spend a butt load of money I'd recommend looking into Gibson Exhausts. I had one on my ranger. a full catback dual outs with 3" tips, Limited Lifetime Warranty for $400. Can't go wrong and I'd buy their product again.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I concur with Chef and jhinkle. I have a magnaflow cat-back with the 18" muffler. Sounds amazing and I definitely notice a performance gain, especially at high way speeds. I also have a K&N intake so the may be working together to create that, but nonetheless it did make a difference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I concur with Chef and jhinkle. I have a magnaflow cat-back with the 18" muffler. Sounds amazing and I definitely notice a performance gain, especially at high way speeds. I also have a K&N intake so the may be working together to create that, but nonetheless it did make a difference.
How's the tone of it? I'm mostly looking for the deep sound and looks of it. I want a diagonal dual coming out behind my back tires, was just looking at some kits and i could only find a single with that?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have a diagonal dual but the magnaflow kit only comes out in front of the back tire. I was worried about how it'd look at first but I'm very please with it.

The tone of the exhaust is awesome. Really good. Throaty enough and loud enough to sound good, but it's not obnoxious. I've really only heard it in the cab so I can't say what it sounds like outside the truck, but inside the truck I love the sound of it.

I will say this: the tone is awesome but it doesn't appear to be super loud. My buddy hear it in his car when I laid on it and he stayed back, so it is loud. Personally I might wish it was slightly louder, like a 14" muffler, but I'd have to hear it before I put it in.

A crappy exhaust clip for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLV770bOphU

Doesn't really do it justice though. Blame my phone.

And 2 pictures of the magnaflow kit I have:
- look below the rear passenger door

And the tips:

Everyone that's seen it loves the look and sound of it.

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
I have a diagonal dual but the magnaflow kit only comes out in front of the back tire. I was worried about how it'd look at first but I'm very please with it.

The tone of the exhaust is awesome. Really good. Throaty enough and loud enough to sound good, but it's not obnoxious. I've really only heard it in the cab so I can't say what it sounds like outside the truck, but inside the truck I love the sound of it.

I will say this: the tone is awesome but it doesn't appear to be super loud. My buddy hear it in his car when I laid on it and he stayed back, so it is loud. Personally I might wish it was slightly louder, like a 14" muffler, but I'd have to hear it before I put it in.

A crappy exhaust clip for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLV770bOphU

Doesn't really do it justice though. Blame my phone.

And 2 pictures of the magnaflow kit I have:
- look below the rear passenger door

And the tips:

Everyone that's seen it loves the look and sound of it.
That looks really good :)

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks man. I have a tentative plan to call magnaflow at some point and see if they'll make me one for the other side, so I can have dual tips out both sides. But that's a ways out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So! I've decided on going with a magnaflow muffler and just run the exhaust pipe myself. Thanks for everyone's input! Gonna be documenting it and ill post a link pretty quick!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts