DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1994 dodge ram with a 5.2L. A month ago I stopped and picked up one of my street bikes from storage. The truck started hard and the check engine light came on which flashed 3 codes code 37 the TCC was broken, code 22 the antifreeze sensor was running high and code 12 battery had been undone. Well it ran fine to my friends house we unloaded the bike and the truck failed to start. Once it cooled off I was able to get it home. Once it gets hot it will idle from 500rpm-1500 rpm up and down. Now it does it all the time hot or cold. Parts I have replaced the intake manifold gaskets & plenum gasket it was leaking really good, the Idle air control valve, throttle position sensor, crank position sensor, cam position sensor and the fuel pump, and I also replaced the ECU with one from a 5.9 (which works fine and the issue is still the same) it was all I could find at the junk yard. The truck is getting spark all the time and the fuel pressure is at 42 psi. I am at the end of my rope any help would be great.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'd look for a vacuum leak. I recently seafoamed my 94 5.9 and noticed that the RPM was unsteady when I pulled the vacuum line to put it in.

Your emissions control operates on vacuum. Also, I believe the TCC engages via a vacuum solenoid.

·
Premium Member
32,785 Posts
Disconnect your batteries Negative Post & put a 12 volt 10 amp charge on the battery for at least 2 hours
Then connect up the - post & see how the truck acts then

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much for the help. if the TCC is vacuum operated I'm assuming its through the EGR valve. I will test it and see if its ok. I plan on having a mechanic replace the TCC solenoid. I don't have a scanner since the unit is OBD1. I will have the mechanic scan for codes and delete them. I might test my EGR but I am unsure how to do that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts