DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Can't we come up with a better nickname?

4K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  TruBlu 
#1 ·
Can't we come up with a better nickname than "ED?"

I'm just saying...
:doh:

#3 ·
LOL, I just got it. Never really thought about it like that until this post.

#7 ·
well those in the know will hear the purring and know it's a little D. Or as I call it a baby diesel.. I'm leaving my tags on. We have 3 hemi trucks on my street alone. I want to stand apart

#10 ·
Compared to what I normally run at work it is a baby. Running class B and now a class A trucks. Plus that it is my baby. After 3 years of looking for one. My wife still thinking I need a big boy truck. But I shut that down by her own definition. It's full size, crew cab, biggest bed available for chassis, 4x4 and last but not least Diesel. Her definition of a big boy truck.

#11 ·
Mine is a debadged Ram 3.0, the only thing to indicate that it is a Dodge Ram or Ram is the shape of the grille
I just tell people that ask, its a Baby Diesel, then i go into more detail if prodded
The only time anyone asks is when i pull up to the diesel pumps

#12 ·
They are probably trying to prevent you from making a very expensive mistake-or what would be if it had the engine of any other half ton

#13 ·
2 days ago another HD Ram owner was pumping diesel & he just mentioned that it was the quietest diesel that he had ever heard
Because he had a 3rd Gen Ram, he didn't even know that mine was a Ram & asked what brand it was

My HEMI with modified exhaust was so much quieter, with this ecodiesel, all my neighbors know when i leave early to do jobs with this noisy engine :(

#15 ·
Maybe because of the plastic bumper, the bug deflector, the color, & not having any recognizable emblem threw him off
He should have recognized the cross hair grille though

I don't have that license plate frame on there any more

#16 ·
Well yeah but the crosshair grille...I think the last manufacturer other than Dodge or Ram to use one was GMC in 1972

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.