DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed LED cargo lights and they work perfect... But when the truck is running with cargo lights off... They are dimmly lit... Then when I use the cargo lights and shut them back off they go back to being dimmly lit... They shut off after 30ish seconds or so... Double checked everything and everything is good to go...

Or is the Recon third brake light and cargo LED lights worth it? Anyone have experience with those? How bright are the cargo lights on the Recon unit?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
mine stay dim all the time when im driving.. doesnt bug me too much

·
Registered
142 Posts
My buddy just bought the 3rd brake light from Recon, this one came with a resistor already soldered on. However, the cargo lights still stay on for 15-20 minutes... He's contacting Recon tomorrow, but any suggestions?

·
Registered
368 Posts
If you just swapped out the bulbs, you need a 100ohm 1watt resistor on it. Specifically on the side that has 2 black and 2 brown (I think those are the colors, otherwise just the side that has 4 wires on it.)

My led's work fine with that, no staying on that I've seen

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I used 5w Cree LEDs with built in error cancel. We're like $30 for the set but I have no issues at all and there like extra back up lights in the woods. eBay special.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts