DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched the forum for this issue and it seems that I am the only one with this issue.

Anyway, the issue I am having is that the cargo light comes on by itself when the key is off. Very rarely has it come on when the truck is running and only at first start up. Sometimes it will come on flash a few times and go off. Sometimes it comes on and stays on for a while. Took it to dealer after removing aftermarket remote starter and it did the same thing while waiting in line for tech to look at it. Tech grabbed a switch out of another truck and swapped it out. Sat in the shop for another hour and a half or so and did nothing. So they let me have and see if it does it again. Later that night it started doing it again. I pulled the negative battery terminal because I didn't want to kill the battery again. Next morning reconnected the battery again and all has seemed fine until I left work today and the battery was dead again. I did not see the cargo light on at all today so not sure what happened.

So any ideas as to why the cargo light turns on and off by itself?
Oh yes 2018 2500 Power Wagon.

Right now I have the fuse for Body Control #4/Interior Lights pulled to see if that will keep the cargo light out. When I open the door the cargo light flashes but does not stay on.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Maybe pull the cover and check wiring inside. Almost all lights and accessories on vehicles today are always hot on the power wire and get turned on by completing the ground through the computer. You could have a intermittent short on the ground wire somewhere.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have searched the forum for this issue and it seems that I am the only one with this issue.

Anyway, the issue I am having is that the cargo light comes on by itself when the key is off. Very rarely has it come on when the truck is running and only at first start up. Sometimes it will come on flash a few times and go off. Sometimes it comes on and stays on for a while. Took it to dealer after removing aftermarket remote starter and it did the same thing while waiting in line for tech to look at it. Tech grabbed a switch out of another truck and swapped it out. Sat in the shop for another hour and a half or so and did nothing. So they let me have and see if it does it again. Later that night it started doing it again. I pulled the negative battery terminal because I didn't want to kill the battery again. Next morning reconnected the battery again and all has seemed fine until I left work today and the battery was dead again. I did not see the cargo light on at all today so not sure what happened.

So any ideas as to why the cargo light turns on and off by itself?
Oh yes 2018 2500 Power Wagon.

Right now I have the fuse for Body Control #4/Interior Lights pulled to see if that will keep the cargo light out. When I open the door the cargo light flashes but does not stay on.

same isssue happened yesterday 2018 larmie bighorn disconnected battery last night stopped here to see if there was a fix i guess we have the only 2 trucks with this issue pulled the fuse but didnt want my truck to catch fire so disconnect battery

my condition cargo light flashes stays on doors closed nobody near it random
yellow cargo light flashes on dash in conjunction with random light on / off
slammed the doors tailgate clicked my heels 3 times
im going to pull the connector at the cargo light switch and see if it will stay off still in my 3/36000 so it will be thier headache soon will drop a note on progress

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well mine is going back to the dealer tomorrow morning. Hopefully will have something tomorrow afternoon to post as a fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well mine is going back to the dealer tomorrow morning. Hopefully will have something tomorrow afternoon to post as a fix.
I removed remote keyless batteries
I removed connector from light switch
I manually bumped a bed light switch in cargo bed
All do nothing for this condition called dealer appointment next week Adirondack boonies with crap dealers let errr burn lol will do the same if I find something thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts