DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had my new quad cab for three days and really loving it. Just this afternoon one little glitch started - when I unlock the truck the cargo light comes on (the one on the top of the back of the cab, no other bed lighting in my truck) and will not shut off. It's supposed to stay on briefly when you unlock, like the puddle lights and interior lights, but the cargo light now just stays on forever. The cargo light indicator on the dash lights up, and I have to press the dash switch to turn them off. Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Have had my new quad cab for three days and really loving it. Just this afternoon one little glitch started - when I unlock the truck the cargo light comes on (the one on the top of the back of the cab, no other bed lighting in my truck) and will not shut off. It's supposed to stay on briefly when you unlock, like the puddle lights and interior lights, but the cargo light now just stays on forever. The cargo light indicator on the dash lights up, and I have to press the dash switch to turn them off. Has anyone else had this issue?

yep, mine did it too............and then one day...........I open and shut the tailgate a little bit harder......and that did the trick. My tailgate actually wasn't closed all the way.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep, mine did it too............and then one day...........I open and shut the tailgate a little bit harder......and that did the trick. My tailgate actually wasn't closed all the way.
That was it - many thanks!

I had seen a "tailgate ajar" message on the dash earlier and when I re-closed the tailgate it went away, but the cargo light problem persisted. I just went out and really slammed the tailgate shut and bingo! The tailgate is so light, and opens so easily with the automatic damping, that it's really counter-intuitive to slam it hard but at least with mine apparently that's what it takes.

Score another one for this forum - when you have any kind of problem, somebody else has probably had it too and knows just what to do.

·
Registered
247 Posts
That was it - many thanks!

I had seen a "tailgate ajar" message on the dash earlier and when I re-closed the tailgate it went away, but the cargo light problem persisted. I just went out and really slammed the tailgate shut and bingo! The tailgate is so light, and opens so easily with the automatic damping, that it's really counter-intuitive to slam it hard but at least with mine apparently that's what it takes.

Score another one for this forum - when you have any kind of problem, somebody else has probably had it too and knows just what to do.

Coming from GMC, I had to slam that 100lb tail gate. But this Ram super light tailgate just didn't seem right to have to slam shut. I was just pushing it up lightly at first too......so I get it.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I noticed you really have to slam the tailgates on these new trucks, in a little disappointed about that.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I can shut my tailgate with 1 finger softly and it shuts all the way, wonder if this problem will be one of those weird kinks since it's a first year for the redesign

·
Premium Member
32,787 Posts
We will find out

With the self lowering tailgate, i just hope that something does not break, like on the 2016 - 2018 Rams without the self lowering button on the key FOB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts