DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about ordering some HIDs for my truck but wasnt too sure on where to order them from for my new truck? I was looking on carid.com and they seemed pretty good, anyone buy from them before? If so, how did they turn out?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
340 Posts
If you do a couple searches you should find them in the forum. And there are a number of current threads talking about this same thing.

Me...

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
from what i remember from the threads on HID ,..

retro solution was the place where the people seems the most happy about them,.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I use DDM Tuning for all my HID kits, I've purchased about 7 kits from them now for all different vehicles including my RAM. I have an 08 and a dual beam bulb so you have to get the High/Low kit, which comes with the wiring harness (something they dont tell you on the website). This harness is needed to switch between the high and low beam. I have their Digital Slim 55w kit with 6000k color in both fogs and heads. They work and look great. They are the cheapest solution around. www.ddmtuning.com Check them out!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use DDM Tuning for all my HID kits, I've purchased about 7 kits from them now for all different vehicles including my RAM. I have an 08 and a dual beam bulb so you have to get the High/Low kit, which comes with the wiring harness (something they dont tell you on the website). This harness is needed to switch between the high and low beam. I have their Digital Slim 55w kit with 6000k color in both fogs and heads. They work and look great. They are the cheapest solution around. www.ddmtuning.com Check them out!
I hear alot about these HIDs flickering and shutting off? And I see on the website that I can either get the High/Low kit or just the low. I know on my last car that I got the high/low kit that the HIDs only worked on the High beam and I cut, switched and solders the wires so that the HID worked on low. Is it going to be the same with this kit? Or should I go with just the Low kit becuase honeltly, when am I ever going to need to put the Highs on with HIDs?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I am running mine without the capacitor. I have no errors.

Me....

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
I hear alot about these HIDs flickering and shutting off? And I see on the website that I can either get the High/Low kit or just the low. I know on my last car that I got the high/low kit that the HIDs only worked on the High beam and I cut, switched and solders the wires so that the HID worked on low. Is it going to be the same with this kit? Or should I go with just the Low kit becuase honeltly, when am I ever going to need to put the Highs on with HIDs?
well he has a 3rd generation ram wich is not as problematic as are 4th generation,..

ares are control by computer,.....

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
I am running mine without the capacitor. I have no errors.

Me....
as far as what you need, i suggest you call retro solution and ask them they will tell you what you need with there kits,.

but mostlikly you will need them but your best bet is to call them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts