DODGE RAM FORUM banner

caster and camber on a 2001 VAN

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ramvan2500 
#1 ·
OK, I am new to the forum and I think I didn't post correctly yesterday, so, I'm asking all mechanics if these specs sound right. They are for a 2001 Ram 1500 VAN, NOT TRUCK (yea, there ARE other things besides trucks!): caster: 2.75 (with a range of 1.5...I guess that means from 2 to 3.5), camber: 0 degrees (plus or minus .3) ...obviously these specs were from a computerized tool - my bubble gauge certainly can't read tenths of degrees!!). Oh, let me inform EVERYONE out there - I am a mechanic myself. I was dismayed when I hit a curb while parking and it knocked my alignment out, so I figured I'd give it a tweek - first thing I noticed was that the tie-rod's clamps were loose!!!!! Now, Goodyear trained the mechanic in using the tool and the van ran straight as an arrow when I left the shop, but that's not saying that this guy wasn't a chronic under-tightener! You mechanics know what I'm talking about: there's a right way to tightened things - the lockwashers here weren't biting!! Some shops may even do this on purpose: THAT's why you HAVE to do your own repairs, guys! Kindly know if these specs are correct, in any case.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.