DODGE RAM FORUM banner

catalytic converter delete

12K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Bt468 
#1 ·
i have a 2004 3.7 v6 with a flowmaster 50 series delta flow, I was wondering if removing the cat would give it more of a (growly) sound or (raspy) sound. I don't really care about the emissions or anything other than sheer sound.

#4 ·
The reason I say that is I had a 95 Dakota with the Magnum 318 that I took to the muffler shop and had it true dualed from the manifolds back and it ran like shit, rich as hell and I was told by the muffler shop that the computer wasn't capable of compensating for that much of a difference in backpressure. Also 1995 was the last year for OBD1 and the switch to OBD2 occurred the following year which monitored whether the cats have been removed or not. Of course with a custom tune the whole thing could be rectified as the tuner could adjust the A/F ratio accordingly and disable the check engine light for no cats. Case in point I replaced the motor in a 2001 Silverado about 10 years ago and the new motor did not have EGR (the old one did) and I was able to get the tune modified to delete the EGR and it ran good and no check engine lights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.