DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i feel very stupid... Ive install ths catch can on the engine now what hose goes to it... Is it from the drver side head to the catch can and catch can to air intake?? The instruction i got are for the jeep srt8...it say to look at passenger side head...
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally their is one hose from driver side valve cover to the air intake then a second from passenger side far in the back to the throttle body... So wich one would it be

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
It should be the one from the passenger valve cover to the TB. There should be a pcv valve on that line near the valve cover (or right there at the valve cover). The other line from the driver valve cover to the airbox should be just that, a line, with no pcv valve. I'm not sure why there are two lines (1 at each valve cover) but I would guess the one without the pcv valve sucks in fresh air and the one with the pcv is obviously the "vent".

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So if i get this right.. The line from the back of passeger side valve cover/pcv valve that looks lile a black box to the throttle body... I cut it at half. Put the rubber hoses on them to connect to the catch can and voila... They other line stays untouch

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
[/URL]
[/URL]

Reactions: crusher

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
That should be correct. I will say though I don't have the hemi so I'd wait for someone else to respond as well...

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you allfor the help...
Also very nice pics
rep points for all of you

·
Registered
571 Posts
ok here is another question, what does a catch can do, and why should i get one?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Crushervsounds like u got it.

Ramfd it catches oil from going back into the intake and preventing grime. I used a water separator for an air compressor. Works great and a fraction of the cost of the one shown above. Dirty but here's mine.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Crushervsounds like u got it.

Ramfd it catches oil from going back into the intake and preventing grime. I used a water separator for an air compressor. Works great and a fraction of the cost of the one shown above. Dirty but here's mine.
:smileup: I like this one, you can see how much oil is in it, then you`ll know when to empty it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts