DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install a catch can with a procharger? The bolt hole needed for this install is being used by the procharger bracket. I cannot seem to find any pictures or info on a catch can being used on this setup. As you see there is not much room to work with. As of now the pcv hose is connected to the inlet of the blower. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
I mounted mine in the same area as the air box that gets removed when you do the install. It might even be one of the mounting holes for the air box. I'll take a pic and post it at lunch.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mounted mine in the same area as the air box that gets removed when you do the install. It might even be one of the mounting holes for the air box. I'll take a pic and post it at lunch.
I appreciate it! It's looking like I have some crankcase pressure causing oil to show up outside the engine. I bought a breather(with a check valve,installs in place of the oil cap), bought a catch can (going to put a check valve on the outlet side of can), and bought a new PCV valve....not really sure what else I can do to relieve/prevent CC pressure.

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Never mind the dirty engine bay but here is the new location. It's been raining too much to even keep the outside clean lately. There was already a threaded hole there. I had a stainless bolt laying around that fit. I can't remember the size off hand, possibly 8mil or 5/16".

·
Super Moderator
34,311 Posts
I'd not run a forced induction setup without an air/oil separator. You can put the can anywhere you can get the hoses to reach, I think some guys attach it to the firewall

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd not run a forced induction setup without an air/oil separator. You can put the can anywhere you can get the hoses to reach, I think some guys attach it to the firewall
I agree with you. I have put 600 miles on blower so far and it makes me feel uneasy knowing that oil mist is going into my intake manifold. I am definitely going to keep it parked until my additional parts are installed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts