DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 12' Ram 1500 Quad Cab and I want to install the Billet Catch can I just received. My problem is that it came with the small L bracket set-up and I cant find a good spot to install it at. I was thinking my K&N CAI has that heat shield on it and I might try to mount it off that, but wasnt sure if that would move around too much and cause any issues?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
+1 on Asur's mount. Easy to make and not in the way of anything

Reactions: Asur

·
Registered
420 Posts
Best catch can mount location EVAR!!!

but it aint cheap... :D

it was a nightmare to access when I had it mounted to the head under my Volant...
I just had an accident....:shy:

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I swear the only reason I did it was because the Volant was giving me access issues,

...well that's what I told my G/F :4-dontknow:

She didn't see the invoice, so it just looks like a fancy intake to her..ignorance is bliss

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
BlackMamba, Now that is for sure overkill on the mounting bracket, but looks nice

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Asur, After looking closer...the bracket is too long on the end, need to trim back. The bracket would also look nicer if powder coated or chromed, just sayin'..........
And for goodness sake just look at that red battery terminal cover...
Also, How do remove the power steering cap with that hose on it?
:LOL:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Asur, After looking closer...the bracket is too long on the end, need to trim back. The bracket would also look nicer if powder coated or chromed, just sayin'..........
And for goodness sake just look at that red battery terminal cover...
Also, How do remove the power steering cap with that hose on it?
:LOL:
Lmao, old picture, she is way cleaner now, just waiting for my Billet tech engine dress up kit to be installed, will send you a pic once its done, take like a month to get them done but will be worth it.

But Ya, the catch can bracket will be replaced, I am working on a new one that will match the Billet tech kit.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
There is also the moroso catch can and bracket that you can google that fits 4th gen hemi rams, it should also fit 4th gen 4.7L rams. Bracket and all. It mounts on the passenger side behind/above the headlight.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Asur, Knew you would take my "krit-e-sizem" with a grain of salt!!!!!!

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Still waiting to see the dress up kit....I may then have to follow your lead Asur.....LOL

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Nice....Have to have a look....I know Randy (RansRam) has it and it looks really sharp.....Looking forward to seeing those pics.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts