DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back to Back posts, I hope this is not an issue, if it is, someone lemme know!

I have the centre console CD player in my SLT w the 8.4 display. Whenever i fire the truck up, wether or not CD was the last media selected to be playing , It will not let the CD play immediately from cold start. I am required to switch the input to USB, SD, BT, or Radio before reselecting the CD player for it to work.

Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Super Moderator
34,746 Posts
Does the same with my SD card sometimes. I figure its just the Uconnect system firing up since if I leave it on it will come on after a minute or so.

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,441 Posts
Back to Back posts, I hope this is not an issue, if it is, someone lemme know!

I have the centre console CD player in my SLT w the 8.4 display. Whenever i fire the truck up, wether or not CD was the last media selected to be playing , It will not let the CD play immediately from cold start. I am required to switch the input to USB, SD, BT, or Radio before reselecting the CD player for it to work.

Has anyone else had this issue?
If you let it boot up it will go to the cd. The uconnect takes a minute to fully boot up. I use my ipod and it takes about a good minute for the last song I was playing to resume. It might be a little longer for your cd player to spool up and play.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry guys I kinda misinterpreted the issue, the CD player does infact boot up right away, and shows the time running for each track, as well as full functionality of the player, except no audio, until i fast switch to another source and then switch back, boom full audio back right where it left off.

Thunderhorse - I will remove my SD card as I do have one in there. I will test it out to see if that is causing the issue.

There is actually a software update I can set an appointment up for , but it didn't specify a specific fix for this. The service manager said they haven't dealt with this particular issue yet, but said I can have it looked at.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
K so this issue is still ongoing for me, I brought it up to the dealer and they couldn't replicate it, So last week i shot a good video of what its been doing. It should give them a good idea. They said if it continues to bring it up and they'll start by replacing the CD player. Ill make a youtube account and post the video this weekend for anyone interested in seeing it. Ill shoot the info on here Sunday.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is the video. Hopefully itll shed some light. Showing the dealership this when they call me back in for a few "rapid responses "( if you have 2015s and havent been in lately call and ask about them) for a tailgate fix and centre console fix. Hopefully it will suffice and theyll swap my unit.

Description below video. Click the down arrow in the lower right hand corner below the video.

https://youtu.be/s6JyNYsXwzY

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,441 Posts
That looks like a software issue. Possibly the cd player in the console might not re engage also. I think in the near future cd players won't be available in vehicles anymore. Don't know anyone who still uses them.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Did you try any other discs. It`s a strange problem, your volume control locks up also, the volume level number doesn't change when you adjust it. You can go to the uconnect site and download the update yourself and put it on a USB and then load it on your truck.
http://www.driveuconnect.com/

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you try any other discs. It`s a strange problem, your volume control locks up also, the volume level number doesn't change when you adjust it. You can go to the uconnect site and download the update yourself and put it on a USB and then load it on your truck.
http://www.driveuconnect.com/

Yes i have tried other discs. If i swapped a disc out while the unit was showing the problem, it would load and continue doing this again from track 1, regardless of cycling through the inputs or turning the truck on n off. However like i said at that point if i let her sit for a bit and fire it up it will work normally again. In 6 months and 1700 miles on the truck, ive experienced this about 10 times

Ill read up on the software update and see if thatll work!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts