DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions to replace my 2018 stock radio. Not looking for back up camera connectivity, Sirius / CD fills my needs. How close to plug and play are these things today? Have not touched one myself in decades.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Check crutchfield.com for compatible radios. Today they are MUCH more complicated.
If you have the 8.4 touch screen, be very cautious with what your replacing it with. (you`ll lose some features)
You can put your CD music on a thumb stick, pop it into your USB in the truck.
Thats alot nicer today to do the thumb stick, cd`s not rolling around in your truck.
And you can put a TON of tunes on a t-stick too.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Why not just add an external CD player? The radios are so integrated with everything else it is tough to really replace them any more.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Radio is just a Radio in mine, nothing other than the Satellite runs through it, I guess the thumb drive idea works though, I can try that. does not exactly seem user friendly though.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
The Radio is just a Radio in mine, nothing other than the Satellite runs through it, I guess the thumb drive idea works though, I can try that. does not exactly seem user friendly though.
Takes a little time to get use to thumb drive if you`ve never delt with it before... i hated it at first and wanted my CD player back from my 14 sport. But now that i got it figured out, i can put way more tunes on a stick and i dont have to have all those CD`s flying all over and taking up space in my truck & car. I also grab my stick out of the truck and dump it in my RT charger when the wife an i wanna go somewhere without the truck. Its not as bad as you think. If i can get over it, anybody can...lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Amazon shipped me 5 32GB sticks for less than 15 bucks. I am wondering why I ever missed the CD player. Thanks for the advice, no more rambling morning DJ's or commercials for me! Just more RATM :smileup:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Amazon shipped me 5 32GB sticks for less than 15 bucks. I am wondering why I ever missed the CD player. Thanks for the advice, no more rambling morning DJ's or commercials for me! Just more RATM :smileup:
I've got 500+ songs on one thumb drive. Much better than 25-30 CD's to deal with.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Some music is best listened to in the order its recorded on the CD but yeah you can do that with the music on your SD card too.

The only time I use the CD playeris when I get a new CD and haven't had a chance to load it to my SD card yet.

And yes, I do still buy CDs

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Some music is best listened to in the order its recorded on the CD but yeah you can do that with the music on your SD card too.

The only time I use the CD playeris when I get a new CD and haven't had a chance to load it to my SD card yet.

And yes, I do still buy CDs
:smileup: You ain`t alone bro, i still buy CD`s too!!!
Sometimes all this technology isn`t as quick as just tossing in a CD.
But the stick sure holds alotta tunes though, i DO like, that, option...lol.

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
A CD,thumb drive or SD card? That's cute. I keep mine on my phone. 3209 songs on it. That's a lot of CD's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts