DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a used 2010 Dodge truck. It has the RBZ radio in it. I cannot play any kind of cds. I can play movies but no cds. Not burned ones or purchsed ones. Any suggestions?
I recently purchased a used 2010 Dodge Ram. I have the RBZ radio without Nav. I have tried playing burned CDs and purchased CDs and neither will play at all. The screen just says reading and stays there. It will play movies but not CDs. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the links, I will keep them for future use. You mentioned a possible update. I could not find online one for mine but I may be looking in the wrong areas. Could you direct me to where that would be? Hopefully the update will fix the problem. I do think it is something wrong not just the operator.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay I found the update but everywhere I go it says either you burn it to a CD or the dealer will use a CD to install the update. The problem is that my CD player is the part that doesn't seem to be working. Once I get home I will try putting it on a thumb drive and doing it that way. I will report on what happens. But if anyone else has had this same problem let me know please.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would suggest you take it int to a dealer so they can do an update I was having problems with mine not playing streaming music from the phone once they did the update all worked as it was suppose to. Good luck hope that will fix your problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is an update to my progress. God news mixed with more confusion. I went to the site that was recommended to get the update. I burned it to a CD thinking that it would not work for me as my CD player is what seems to be tnot working (although remember it will play DVDs). I also was able to get the update pput on a thumb drive as a second option. So I put in the CD first to just try it. Guess what it worked. It performed the update. So I was excited to try a CD thinking maybe that function was now somehow fixed. So after the update was finished I popped in a purcghased CD. Still did not work!:4-dontknow: So I then decided to check another issue I had been having. My wife and I have Samsung Galaxy phones and they would pair just fine but we could not get the phonebook to download. I had deleted both phones and tried repairing them. Mine just the same as before, no phonebook. Go figure my wife's phone paired and immediately asked if we would like to pair the phonebook and always accept it. Hers worked and mine did not. :4-dontknow: All aI have to say is WHAT THE F***???????????????????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts