DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I managed to get the rear windows switch out. How do you remove the inner trim ring and the rest from the ceiling???

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Super.... Thanks....

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
You doing in and swapping out all the green LEDs mike?

the ash tray light is sealed and stupid if thats what your trying to get too

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey SS, naaaa, I'm not that light crazy. I want to see what the heck is on the other side of that other hole in the unit. And.... I'm having trouble getting that damn green LED back into it's resting place. I did not even know that little bulb was up there till I was looking up with the lights on. Might be interesting to throw a high output LED there instead. I could live with a green one.

The green??? It's ok I guess. I like the dash of our 2004 Sebring Convertible. The white clock face gauges. I think what's in the truck fits it. The dash and gauge package are pleasant to look at. When driving I like the dash lights to be just light enough to see well. Beyond that is a distraction. That's just me. I like a nice country road at night with the brights on, some good tunes, and the dash lights low.

What really burns my butt is when the head unit color I put in does not match the cars or does not dim or something stupid that draws your attention to it's shortcoming. hahahahaha. But I digress.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Haha that's funny.

The green bothers the heck out of me. I need to get a better soldering gun I wanna switch the dash lights and button lights etc to white to match the gauges

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SS, first thing is not a soldering gun. You need a soldering iron. Got to the shack and snag one with a stand and sponge. That way you will always have a safe place to set it when it is in use.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
SS, first thing is not a soldering gun. You need a soldering iron. Got to the shack and snag one with a stand and sponge. That way you will always have a safe place to set it when it is in use.

Thats like the one i have now. ITs just super old and wasnt taken vary good care of by me when i was into RC cars and making battery packs etc

Skip the trash at Radio Shack, get a good mid-range soldering station from Hakko or Weller.
Thats what im saving for.. Once I get a good setup no light will be left un converted in my truck :D lol

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SS, soldering iron's don't wear out. They either work or not. Maybe a new tip will do you some good?

As nice as a big time soldering station is it's not a necessity. I have two pencil irons. One is like 35watt and the other is 15 watt. Had them for 30+ years. I have been able to complete all wiring and PCB work with them.

Also, soldering stations can become an issue if you need to solder something inside the truck. The cord for the iron is not long.

I will stick with my irons. They do what I need and there are better things to spend money on. Like more lights a..... hahahaha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts