DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was playing around on the dsp and tried out the 87 tune and had bad luck, truck stalled rough idle surging ect, put in half tank of 91 and it partially solved the problem. it threw the p0300 code momentarely but didnt stay on. the truck still doesnt feel right, I can hear a stutter in the exhaust note at steady 1500-2000 rpm. the tach does not fluctuate but it just doesnt seem right. now when i turn the key to on the cel flashes 10 times but i scanned the cels with both my scanner and the dsp both come up as no codes.:4-dontknow: HELP!!!

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Install the stock tune back and re-install it. See if it helps the truck run any better!

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
^agree if reinstall didnt work. May be mechanical and not have to do with ur tune. Pure coincidence is possible.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Seems every time some tries the 87 tune something is wrong.. Not the first 87 tune thread with this problem i have read.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya I ran it untuned and did nothing different. Just waiting till this tank of gas is gone and back to the 91 tune

·
Registered
896 Posts
I must have been lucky then. Ran 87 and it has been superb.. granted my fuel consumption sucks but that is all lead foot syndrome lol. Hope it turns out not to be the tune and if it is then hope it gets corrected soon. I agree with above statements though. If reloading stock tune does not help then it is more than likely mechanical.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
that code isn't bad unless it comes back more detailed...maybe pull a couple plugs and check the condition, you can see if it's runnin rich or lean..

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that code isn't bad unless it comes back more detailed...maybe pull a couple plugs and check the condition, you can see if it's runnin rich or lean..
i'll definately have to pull a few plugs, ill take a few pics of them and post them up in a bit. i never was any good at reading plugs.
ya the p0300 hasnt come on since. it has happened before seems like it only comes on when i run 87 tho,
any insight on the cel flash ? with the key on but not running it flashes 10 times.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pulled out a few plugs just now, they look ok. look a little worn but thats to be exected i havent changed them since i got the truck over a year ago. altho the gap is about 13 thou out. reads about .058 should be around .045 no? anyway here are the pics

1 - 13 of 13 Posts