DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any problems with the vinyl or whatever type upholstry on the center console cracking and splitting? I have an 05 with the black cloth interior and it has the fake leather type console lid. The material has split and exposing the stuffing underneath. If anyone else has ran into this, how did you fix it? Did you use just a cover, or do you know any places online that makes good covers? Any tips, suggestions, ideas would be greatly appreciated! I don't want to spend 300 dollars to get an entire new console.

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
Never had any problems with the vinyl splitting, but it could be caused by using products like armorall on the vinyl since they're silicone based and dry out the vinyl causing it to be brittle.

As for a solution, your best bet would to try getting a new cover from a junk yard OR you can upgrade the interior using something like katzkin or get a Mopar seat cover set.

·
Registered
6 Posts
other person i have a brand new vinyl/leather same dodge charcoal interior center console cover id sell you for dirt cheap. i bought a set off leather seats a few years ago and it came with one and the rear head rests. i never used it.

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
I would be letting my fingers do the walking & find a Auto Upholstery shop that works on Classic Cars, Hot Rods, & Convertibles
You know that you would be using a good shop, because Hot Rodders love their vehicles

·
Registered
101 Posts
Dont even bother driving out to an upholstry shop and then have to drive back to pick it up. Just order an entire new center lid on ebay. I saw a few on ebay go for about 60 or 70 shipped if my memory serves me correctly. I actually wanted two center lids one normal one and one that I can swap to that has a plank of wood custom cut screwed to the top that holds a laptop mounted at an angle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts