DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to hear from anyone else that has been having an issue if any with those usb ports. Since I bought the truck and did not get the gps upgrade I use the Android Auto feature where you plug your phone into the usb port and you can view the gps from your phone on the uconnect screen. However I keep having an issue with the ports where sometimes it will connect and sort of charge the phone and other times it will not work at all.

I do not use them very often and have tried everything from aftermarket cables to the name brand ones that came with the phone I have. The issue seemed to be some what internment but now it seems like it isn't working at all unless I just get lucky. I've unplugged the cables re-plugged them in and so on but nothing seems to fix this issue. Anyone else had an issue with the usb ports?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Only issues i have had are a couple of connection issues solved by rebooting the phone. Android auto App is also a little flakey with text messaging.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only issues i have had are a couple of connection issues solved by rebooting the phone. Android auto App is also a little flakey with text messaging.
I've never used it for texting only the GPS feature. I may have to give it a try once I figure out what's wrong with it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have two phones, an Iphone from work and my personal one an Android phone. I have connected both phones one at a time to the USB ports and they both work. However when I connect my Android phone it will send text messages and it will not read any replies or announce any received text messages, but it will receive FaceBook messages and it will read them. The other day I drove into town and did some shopping, when I got back in my truck the Android Auto (AA) wouldn't connect my phone, so I pulled over briefly and uninstalled AA and reinstalled it, still didn't connect. So I stopped to pick up an 18 pack so I shut the truck off and went into the store, when I got back I started the truck and connected the phone to the USB and it connected. So I am not sure if the problem is with AA or Uconnect. I am going to see how CarPlay (Iphone version of AA) works.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It isn't so much that android auto doesn't work its the port isn't even charging the phone or connecting to it at all. From some digging online it seems to be a common problem

·
Registered
40 Posts
Im having the same problem with iphone. It works about 3/5 times. And when it does work, it hardly charges the phone at all.

My notifications seem to work everytime the connection is actually made though.
I have the 8.4 with nav and apple carplay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts