DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you use a real coating like optimum gloss coat or car pro cq uk edition you can get 12-24 months depending on exposure outside

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just picked up my new 2020 Ram 1500 Limited on New Year's Day and I am going to have a local certified Ceramic Pro shop put on their Gold package ceramic coating. I'm having the wheels and a separate set of wheels with dedicated snow tires, the underbody/skid plates, and the interior done. It's expensive, but I've read a lot about this package, personally observed some vehicles that have had it done, and watched the guys in the local shop actually working. I'm a disabled vet and it just isn't easy for me to hand wash and wax my vehicles anymore. This is an expensive venture, but I think it will be worth it to protect the investment, which was substantial.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got my truck back from Ceramic Pro a few days ago. I went with the highest level of Ceramic Pro (Gold Package), which is 4 layers of their liquid ceramic coating. I've waxed cars too many times to count. This is definitely different. It's so much smoother and slick feeling, but also hard like a shell. It will eventually wear, but only with friction. I paid extra and had my interior done (leather seats, other leather accents on the Limited trim package). I also paid extra and had the wheels (separate wheels with dedicated snow tires) and calipers done in addition to my summer wheels and tires (stock all seasons). All up it was $3k. Sounds crazy, I know; but with the eco diesel and 8 yr/125k max warranty I should be set for quite a while. I really love this truck and want to protect it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Our other vehicle is a 2014 BMW 5 series diesel (yes, I love diesels). It has 100k miles on it and has been through many automatic car washes. It's black and shows a lot of the swirl marks and touch ups usual for its age. I'm so pleased with the way that my RAM 1500 came out that I'm going to have a lesser package (Silver) at Ceramic Pro put on it along with whatever paint correction they recommend. It's substantially less expensive than the Gold package and I think more appropriate given its age.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts