DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2017 Ram Laramie 2x2, normal daily driver, no towing, occasional loads from Homey Depot.

I'm looking to just level the front and take the rake out. Nothing fancy.

I've read that spacers and such are not the way to go. Not sure if I saw the correct Bilstein's but they were $300+ a pair and only used on 4x4's? Not sure. A little too spendy for me.

Then I saw these level links from CFT. The review are good and the install is relatively easy.

Are these links a good way to go? Or is there a better way that I missed?

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've never heard of that kit but I have the same truck that you have and I went with the Maxtrac 2.5" coil spring level kit. I did a ton of research about it and everything led me to the Maxtrac kit. None of the adjustable Bilstein shocks work with our 2wd. I had the kit put on at around 1500 miles and I'm at 8k now with no issues at all. When I had the kit put on I already had aftermarket rims/tires on (20x9 33x12.5) and I didn't feel any difference between stock and my current setup with new coils. I've had a few people compliment on how smooth my truck rides. I paid $120 per side for install and you'll need an alignment.

https://maxtracstore.com/2009-2018-...ont-lift-coils-w-front-shocks-maxtrac-872171/

Some before and after pics

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never heard of that kit but I have the same truck that you have and I went with the Maxtrac 2.5" coil spring level kit. I did a ton of research about it and everything led me to the Maxtrac kit. None of the adjustable Bilstein shocks work with our 2wd. I had the kit put on at around 1500 miles and I'm at 8k now with no issues at all. When I had the kit put on I already had aftermarket rims/tires on (20x9 33x12.5) and I didn't feel any difference between stock and my current setup with new coils. I've had a few people compliment on how smooth my truck rides. I paid $120 per side for install and you'll need an alignment.

https://maxtracstore.com/2009-2018-...ont-lift-coils-w-front-shocks-maxtrac-872171/

Thanks...almost $500 installed. I was hoping for something more economical. But you do get what you pay for and I value that.

·
Registered
144 Posts

Thanks...almost $500 installed. I was hoping for something more economical. But you do get what you pay for and I value that.
Yeah I wasn't looking to pay that much but knowing I won't run into issues down the road and having that peace of mind was enough for me to pull the trigger on it. It seemed spacers were hit or miss and with coil springs its basically a stock set up but adding 2.5" while keeping the factory ride comfort.

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
2017 Ram Laramie 2x2, normal daily driver, no towing, occasional loads from Homey Depot.

I'm looking to just level the front and take the rake out. Nothing fancy.

I've read that spacers and such are not the way to go. Not sure if I saw the correct Bilstein's but they were $300+ a pair and only used on 4x4's? Not sure. A little too spendy for me.

Then I saw these level links from CFT. The review are good and the install is relatively easy.

Are these links a good way to go? Or is there a better way that I missed?
Does your truck have the factory air suspension?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does your truck have the factory air suspension?
Not a 100% sure, but I don't think so. I checked the window sticker and don't see anything. It's a 2017 Laramie.

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
I had never heard of the level kit you are asking about so I looked it up. From what I saw it's only for rams with the factory air suspension. Im not familiar with 2wd's, but it sounds like the setup that BayouRam4 is talking about may be a good way to go.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought the Laramie's had all the options. Other than the sticker how can I check?

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
If you had it I'm sure the sticker would state it since it's an extra option they can charge you for. I believe there should be somewhere in your truck a controller for the settings for the air suspension.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you had it I'm sure the sticker would state it since it's an extra option they can charge you for. I believe there should be somewhere in your truck a controller for the settings for the air suspension.
I located my build list. Shocks and coils.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I thought the Laramie's had all the options. Other than the sticker how can I check?
I don't have air suspension. I haven't seen any Laramies that do have it but I could be wrong. I think the Longhorn, Limited, and Rebels are the only ones with it. A Laramie has every option minus 2 or 3 with air suspension being one of those.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like I have to change the coils or add spacers. Not a task I want to tackle. In other words, this will be damn expensive just to level the beast.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Looks like I have to change the coils or add spacers. Not a task I want to tackle. In other words, this will be damn expensive just to level the beast.
The best thing to do is call every shop you can think of in your area to get a price. I had some of the bigger more well known shops trying to charge me 600-800 frick that! I ended up reaching a shop that told me $120 per side $100 alignment but couldn't get to me for 2 weeks. I called another small shop and told them what that other shop was going to do it for and they matched it the next day. Paid $360ish after tax. Also you may run into a few shops that say they won't do it on 2wd because it's too dangerous, apparently 2wd springs are under more stress than 4wd which I think is bs.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i have to remove CFT links on my 2018 Rebel. i have the other links as well sold on ebay which they sold cheaper than CFT.

very noticeable when hitting bumps and im really afraid when my pregnant wife is with me.

now, i dont know if this was just a coincidence.. 2 days ago i did a oil change myself, i used pennzoil platinum synthetic and at the same time removed the links. my mileage from 15mpg city driving went up to 18.3mpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts