DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2015 sport and want to switch to a 17 or 18" rim and tire combo im not liking the 20's... Going to see if my dealer may have some take off rims for cheap since i don't mind the factory rims... Want to keep the tire size as close to stock as possible what tire size would i be looking at? Truck rides great but these 20's ;et you feel everything in the road with no side wall.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Just got a 2015 sport and want to switch to a 17 or 18" rim and tire combo im not liking the 20's... Going to see if my dealer may have some take off rims for cheap since i don't mind the factory rims... Want to keep the tire size as close to stock as possible what tire size would i be looking at? Truck rides great but these 20's ;et you feel everything in the road with no side wall.
So have you decided anything?

I have a 20212 with 20's and I, too, want to go to a smaller wheel.

I dont mind the ride so much.....its the look.....I am old and so like the older school stuff.....I grew up with 15" wheels and big sidewalls on trucks. LOL

I know the taller sidewall takes away from handling...so I am wondering what the middle ground is....

My stock wheels are peeling so the ylook like crap, and I want to change the look anyhow.

Seems like 18" should fit....I was told 17" is hard to find tires for....

And the other issue --- what aftermarket wheel will LAST appearance wise through the salt and crap that is northern winters?

·
Registered
613 Posts
I lucked out and found a nice set of 17" 2016 rebel wheels....$300!!!!!!

Now I have to decide the tire size.....
I changed my 2016 20" wheels for the Rebel 17" wheels. I put these on:
Falken Wildpeak A/T3W, # 28030612, 285x70-17 E (Snow Flake)
33 x 11.6 x 18 td, (10.0 tw), 3195 lbs @ 80 lbs.
Went with the 285s because I like the look of a wider tire. There are no clearance problems, I am 2" leveled.

When these wear out will replace them with the same but in a D load range since I do not tow with this truck. Best AT tire I've ever owned

1 - 6 of 6 Posts