DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed the transmission filters and fluid in my 2013 (65RFE) transmission, and now it won't go into any gear and throws a P0868 code for low transmission fluid pressure.
Anyone else have this issue after changing filters and fluid? Spin on filter went in just fine, as did the pickup filter. I replaced the pan filter seal per the instructions, and did not see any difference between new and old pan filter, or spin on filter.
Very surprised that I cannot shift into any gear. Engine revs like it's in neutral.
Really don't want to drop the pan and dump another 7 quarts of fluid. Is there a reset procedure after a fluid change that I missed?
Any thoughts appreciated!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Never had that happen, could be something going on that's not letting the pump pick fluid up out of the pan? Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
589 Posts
push in filter has a o ring did you make sure the old one was removed with old filter if 2 rings are on there you cant seat filter properly. this will cause your symptons

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was the filter seal. I pressed it in using a socket so it would mount flush, but I must have gotten it slightly cockeyed when doing so. The metal portion of the seal was pinched just enough - a replacement seal sorted it out.

·
Super Moderator
34,745 Posts
It was the filter seal. I pressed it in using a socket so it would mount flush, but I must have gotten it slightly cockeyed when doing so. The metal portion of the seal was pinched just enough - a replacement seal sorted it out.
Thanks for the follow up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts