DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i see from videos that the rear shocks are easy to change out. But one question i have is, do i use the jack on the axle or on the frame? Which one needs to be supported to take the pressure off the shocks?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi, i see from videos that the rear shocks are easy to change out. But one question i have is, do i use the jack on the axle or on the frame? Which one needs to be supported to take the pressure off the shocks?
neither, they can be removed without lifting up truck on jacks....they can be compressed easily with just your strength...…..

·
Registered
484 Posts
Exactly what Burb said

·
Registered
Black 02 QC 1500. 360 Magnum. 4x4. K&N drop in. 35x10.50r17 Kenda Klevers
10 Posts
Rear shocks should come compressed with a strap. Install the upper bolt losely, cut the strap and guide the shock into its mount, install lower bolt and tighten upper bolt. There is no need to lift the vehicle, unless you need the clearance to do the job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts