DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ram Sport, night edition
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So on Monday I decided it was time to change my belt as it was squeeking and driving me nuts. Releasing the tension on the belt is kind of a tight fit for my big hands. (there a 3/8" keyway in the arm of the tensioner for your ratchet) So when I was putting it back on I thought I would use a pry bar to help a bit between the arm and the power steering pulley. DONT DO THIS!!!. Why? three good reasons, the pulley is plastic, the pulley is NOT replaceable and lastly the power steering pump costs $800 CAD....OMFG!
Took a ride to the dealership tuesday and explained what I did They basicly told me...thats too much info! Now what is the problem? You have a chunk out of your P/S pulley? hummm wonder how that could happen? Its a good thing you have warranty! So today I got my truck back with a new power steering pump installed AND they tell me when I pick it up, "you have done a real nice job on your truck with the mods but do you know you have a rust spot on your rear bumper? No worries we took some pics and sent them to chrysler. We should hear back about replacing it within the week.
I have to say I see my dealership in a whole new light today. This is not the kind of service that they gave me on my first two visits. I think I owe it to give them a lot more respect and business

Oh yeah the service writer told me a pic of the lit Hemi Hat will be posted behind the counter for all to see. They loved the originality of it!

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
It's nice to read about a dealership that treats their customers like that. Usually we hear all the horror stories of the way people get screwed at dealerships. If they are that nice to you I think you should think about adopting them. LOL
Jay

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Nice! a refreshing "good" story for a change

glad they got you all hooked up

Exco

·
Registered
116 Posts
To save your power stearing pully future injury go buy a 2' to 2 1/2' piece of 3/4" or 1" I.D. pipe . Next time you replace the belt put your ratchet into the hole in the tensioner then slip the pipe over the ratchet handle . You can Know operate the tensioner with ease from the pipe . This is much easier than trying to do it from the ratchet handle while directing the belt also .And as a bonus feature if the ratchet pops out of the hole you won't end up with scraped up knuckles . Pipe can be shortened or lengthened to what works best for you .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts