DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure when the last time they were done (my dad owned the truck before me). But i would say it has deffiently been a few years if it has ever been done at all, if it hasnt then they have 135,500 kms on them. If if have these changed will this increase my MPG at all? right now I am at 9 mpg city :S and I am pretty light on the skinny pedal these days... any info would be great

Dan

·
Registered
127 Posts
you're going to notice a huge difference in response and mileage if they honestly havent been changed in 130,000 kms/85000 miles i believe? anyways, i'm not a fan of japanese anything...but for the money NGK plugs are about the best on the market...i havent heard any real world users shelling out the money for E3's and feeling it was beneficial. plus with 16 plugs that'd be quite pricy

·
Registered
754 Posts
E-3'S and HEMI's don't mix at all.. slip over to one of the LX forum's and see the folk's who have tried these. On the three Hemi's we have owned my dealer has used Champions and NGK's can't tell a difference from one or the other..

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for the replys guys I think I am going to have this done before the summer, how many miles is recommended for changing them (you can give me it in miles, I can convert it in my head) Thanks, Dan

·
Registered
127 Posts
being it's an 04, i'd probably say 50K mile intervals. manufacturers sometimes only install 30k mile plugs to cheap out, i know i had a jeep liberty with 70K miles on it. of course the plugs had never been done, and when i threw a set of NGK's in it, i noticed a big difference.
if it was an older vehicle that used a little bit of oil or something, i'd say 30k. i have an old chevy truck that i throw a set of plugs at every couple years, and it hardly gets driven. but then again she uses a little oil :p

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
being it's an 04, i'd probably say 50K mile intervals. manufacturers sometimes only install 30k mile plugs to cheap out, i know i had a jeep liberty with 70K miles on it. of course the plugs had never been done, and when i threw a set of NGK's in it, i noticed a big difference.
if it was an older vehicle that used a little bit of oil or something, i'd say 30k. i have an old chevy truck that i throw a set of plugs at every couple years, and it hardly gets driven. but then again she uses a little oil :p
I appreciate all the info you gave me, I talked to my dad because I bought it off him and he owned the truck since new, he said they were changed while the truck still had warranty, he didnt put a ton of kms on it the last few years so maybe they arent as bad as I though. Damnit I was hoping for some sort of changes lol I think I am still going to do them in the spring, then its done and no worrying about it, thanks again, Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts