DODGE RAM FORUM banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Resident Technician
14,202 Posts
We never had a fogging issue with the cars I pitted with, but they are high maintainence if you dont want them to get cloudy. I doubt its possible to shed enough weight on a Ram to make it worthwhile without giving up some comforts.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
all very good points...i still want it to be a comfortable daily driver but i think i have a few good ideas sparked by the suggestions above.I have roadside assistance so i think the spare,hitch,and back seats will be first and then when some money rolls in i think a fiberglass hood and aftermarket bumpers are in order.

and the facts about the 24s above are very good but i actually increased my highway mileage from them.i think the face that i cut my unsprung weight in half had something to do with it.and yes the wheels may be bigger but the 24s and lo pros are actually the same overall size as the stock 17s and A/Ts i took off.

·
Registered
875 Posts
yes the wheels may be bigger but the 24s and lo pros are actually the same overall size as the stock 17s and A/Ts i took off.
It all depends on the actual weights of the before wheels, the after wheels, and the tires. I know they are the same overall size, but usually the wheels weigh more than the tires do. So bigger wheels means you are putting that heavy weight of the wheel out further instead of the lighter rubber of the tire. Now if your new wheels are that much lighter that it is compensating that's great, but that normally isn't the case.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts