DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All i have to say is everyone of you guys and any gals have some damn sexy trucks! i have an 06 tbss and i feel like I'm cheating looking here drooling! I'm loving the r/t and i want one...bad! just gotta sell the ss or take a hit trying to trade it for an r/t. never been a hugh dodge fan but I'm starting to change gears here. my tbss is not my daily driver its my toy, id go broke driving it to and from work. i see the 1500 has the same gas mileage as my 93 octane and I'm sure yours can take 89 to 93? so give me some pros and cons of the r/t? is your insurance high? of course mine is due to the ls2. thanks guys again damn sexy trucks!

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
The 5.7L is rated to run on 89 octane, but many have found it run just fine on 87. I use 87 in the winter with factory tune, and 91 in the warmer season with a DSP tune. This will NOT be an option for a 2011/12 Ram until someone breaks the PCM code encryption.

The R/T, although still a truck, is definitely on the Hot Rod Toy side of 'Truck'. It is a regular cab short box with 22" rims and tires, so not the kind of 'truck' you buy for hauling trailers to construction sites with cement blocks in the box.

The 4:10 gears to give it an edge over the 3:92 gear offering on other models, and really don't affect the mileage that much....however, the fun factor and total loss of control over your right foot, will have a severe affect on fuel economy....but that's not really the trucks fault. ;)

I can't comment on what your insurance rates will be like, but here in Manitoba, there is a very slight difference between the R/T and the Express. Generally the insurance cost for the Rams is slightly less then their competitive counterpart. I believe this because the Rams are priced lower. :4-dontknow:

As for the cheating part, I can't help you there. I get the feeling you have already started the divorce process, but haven't informed the TBss yet. Good Luck with that. :)

·
Registered
279 Posts
I bought my R/T on a impulse and if I could do it over I would have gotten a QC Sport model. I am happy with my R/T though, The performance is great and fuel mileage is decent. My only complaint is having no back seats, I thought I wouldnt miss them but I do! My advise is if your looking for a new toy instead of a DD get a Lightning, Cheap and easy to mod, Even a RC SRT-10 would be bad ass. Good luck and keep us updated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
srt-10! ha ha, yes those are nice but way outta my pay range, thanks for the comments fellas, dodgert, yes its not cheating unless you touch that would be my downfall soon as i step onto that dealership and they worked the details out and i was happy the wife would give me the stink eye! lol i bought the ss the day before the rehearsal dinner and i got the... well if thats what you want and your happy? lol I'm hoping to sell the ss so i won't get the shaft without lube at the dealership.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts