DODGE RAM FORUM banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, new to the forum.

I just had the same thing happen to me with my 2013 Ram 1500. Taking it to dealer today and hopefully they can fix it easy. Not sure what happend, bought the gas from the same place as I always do.

·
Registered
874 Posts
A friend of mine has a 2011 ram and he was on a road trip and same thing check engine light came on but ran just the same. He brought it to the dealer and ended up being a torque converter

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the same problem twice now with my '12 Express. Both times it was a EVAP Emissions code. I was told when the MIL light is on, no matter what the reason, it will kick the MDS off and run off of 8 cylinders at all times. If your light is on constantly and not blinking then this is a good sign as it means you can still drive the truck without doing any damage and so the fix may not be something too serious. My problem turned out to be that charcoal can that filters fuel vapors... at least that's what the tech at Dodge told me. Goodluck

·
Registered
12 Posts
Runner Valve

I had my check engine light come on and no eco mode about 3 months ago.
These trucks use two runner valves along the top of the intake. One for when it is 8 cylinder mode, the other for 4 cylinder mode. My short runner valve had died (with a whooping 10 000 miles on my truck) and was replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Took mine to the dealer, this 4th time that they have flashed the computer with an update that is suppose to take of the problem. The upside is that one I first got the Truck it would come on like clock work every month, this time it was 3 1/2 months. The dealer also did the smoke test to ensure that vacuum system was leaking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check engine

My truck has done it twice now first time the coil pack had cracked on the number 7 cylinder. Warranty will take care of it if your under 36000 miles. Second time was a fuel evaporator sensor. Warranty will take of it if your under 50000 miles because it is considered electrical.

·
Registered
20 Posts
evap leak

I had the same issue with my 2012. Engine light, no eco, bad fuel mileage. Took it to the dealer 3 times. They reset the light and couldn't find an issue. It kept coming back on about 4 days after leaving the dealer. Last time it happened, it came on and then went off all by itself, hasn't happened for 4 months now. I have no idea what it was, but it's alright for now. They said it was an evap leak that must have been really small.

·
Registered
20 Posts
bridren, loose gas cap????
First thing I thought of was the gas cap, but no such luck. I took it in to the dealer yesterday. They tested everything and said it's a part off the filler tube that is faulty. Part will take several weeks, 17 on backorder already, so I figure it's a fairly common issue. They need to drop the tank to install. They didn't tell me the part name at the desk and the mechanics were gone when I picked the truck up, but they mentioned something about it being like a fuel pump for vapours on the filler tube. Anyone know the part?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had this problem too, but I think it was my own fault. When my Ram was new I wasn't using it much and I didn't bother to fill the fuel tank. I was throwing in a few dollars every now and then until one day the truck developed the problem: Check engine light, no 'eco' and it would not run if I used the remote start.

I visited my dealer. They reset the computer and suggested that I should keep more fuel in the tanks. I've done that; always run on the top half and have had no problems for a year and a half.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had this problem too, but I think it was my own fault. When my Ram was new I wasn't using it much and I didn't bother to fill the fuel tank. I was throwing in a few dollars every now and then until one day the truck developed the problem: Check engine light, no 'eco' and it would not run if I used the remote start.

I visited my dealer. They reset the computer and suggested that I should keep more fuel in the tanks. I've done that; always run on the top half and have had no problems for a year and a half.
My engine light has come on many times for the EVAP since I purchased the truck in 2012 but I can't remember what level the tank was at?? I'm hoping that after the dealer changes the part it doesn't happen again, but if it does, I'll remember fuel level. With 'ECO' off, the truck sucks back the fuel, don't want that happening all the time!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys...got a question for ya. On a road trip, and my check engine light came on and I started getting really bad gas mileage. I just figured it was bad gas and didn't think much of it but now I notice that my eco light isn't coming on either. If it was a bad tank of gas it should be gone now because that was three tanks ago. And my check engine light is still on. I'm getting between 15 and 16 mpg and I have gotten between 19 and 20 every other time on the highway. The truck runs fine and all the gauges are normal except for check engine and eco. Any ideas? Thanks.
Hey i had the same problem so i looked into it check your AGS- active grill system, you can find videos on YouTube, its a good start to look at and it wont cost a dime to just look, i hope this helps

21 - 33 of 33 Posts