DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever installed a single exhaust Cherry Bomb on a 2008 Ram 1500? Just won a cheap auction on ebay and not sure if I want to install it or not. I haven't seen anything on youtube or heard to much about them? Does anyone have any insight or experience?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The only "cherry bomb" exhaust part I have heard of is a Canadian Tire special that kids used to put on their 100hp 1989 imports thinking it would make them sound like they had a race car.. in reality it sounded like a gas powered fart can.... you could probably get the same sound if you took a screw driver and started punching holes in your muffler lol

if it is the same idea I would cancel your transaction haha... just my opinion though

·
Registered
223 Posts
Has anyone ever installed a single exhaust Cherry Bomb on a 2008 Ram 1500? Just won a cheap auction on ebay and not sure if I want to install it or not. I haven't seen anything on youtube or heard to much about them? Does anyone have any insight or experience?

cherry bomb makes a lot of great muffler and exhaust products. the vortex muffler you are asking about gets 578 CFM of exhaust flow with minimal resistance due to the setup in the muffler, all while offering a moderate exhaust note by having some insulation(unlike the original "glasspack" that the guy above was referring to). Basically it flows exhaust gasses quickly, enhancing the flow(which means more ponies)but doesnt kill your ears.

i myself have the vortex muffler but the dual setup. that combined with headers, high flow cats and deleting my resonators makes my hemi rumble reeeeal nice. check out their website for more details. research is always better than listening to peoples opinions especially if they arent even familiar with the product.

·
Registered
98 Posts

Check this out. It might give you some more insight on what to expect..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVcTXCLo4T0

1 - 5 of 5 Posts