DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been thinking about purchasing some vent visors, but have seen a lot of stories about in channel Visors and wind noise or water leakage.Just looking for owners to chime in about what brand you have and any issues you have had. Mainly looking at AVS ventshade and weather tech. Thanks.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have weather-tech. No issues. Just wish they were bigger. I had EGR bubbles on my '98. Also had them on both my Mazdas '88 & '93. Had them for the current truck but didn't like the 3M tape. I still have them and may try to put them on again. I like the greater coverage.

·
Premium Member
32,749 Posts
I have not tried the in channel ones
they look better & the drivers side blind spot is not as big

my stick ons make my Drivers side door post into a big blind spot
i have to watch cross walks when i am about to turn to the left & winding roads can be difficult too

the left is all that i can find an image of, that side is not quite as bad

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just put on the Stampede Chrome VV on my 2012 Bighorn. Originally wanted to go with in channel but dealer advised they might scratch the glass. I don't know if plastic can scratch glass (maybe scratch the tinting)but since I lease the truck decided on tape on. Also did the tape on as dealer will guarantee them if anything happens and I have had them come off on my previous trucks (usually at speed.) I'm very happy with the look of these and they do cut down the wind noise and keep out the rain.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have the stick on auto ventshade ones. Look and work great, I do notice a bit more wind noise on the highway for sure though

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I have an ebay brand of in-channel visors. They seem to be holding up just fine.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
WeatherTech makes the best looking vent visors.

I'm not generally a fan of McNeil's products or their customer service, as I've mentioned on these boards in the past, but this is one area they excel the market in.

This is probably my 6th set over the years and I wouldn't touch anything else.

Highly recommended.

·
Registered
386 Posts
EGR in channel on my crew, easy install and look and function great.

·
Registered
463 Posts
WeatherTech in channel vent visors here.

I had a set in my last truck (06' Tacoma) and it was one of the first things I ordered for the new Ram.

I was pleased that the set I just ordered this year was the same quality as the visors I bought back in '06. Too often I've noted quality drop when buying a product from the same company over the years but so far, these have been kept to the same level.

I like the in channel design, no wind noise and the WT visors find the best balance between giving good coverage without drastically enlarging the blind spots.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts