DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a "03 Ram 3500 4x4 5.9L Cummins TD.

The light on the dash flashes "lamp out" intermittently, and there is this horrible chiming going along with it. Every time the dash light comes on it chimes 3-4 times. It will do it mostly over rough road, however it will do it for no reason at all too.
What Ive done to try to fix it....

-all bulbs replaced
-brake switch replaced
-tore out the dash to find the "bell" and kill it...(its a part of the circuit board) cant do that..
-called the dealer, and they want me to bring it in. (of course)
-yelled and screamed at it and told it to stop lol.

All of the lights work correctly so Im at a loss to how It is still chiming. Someone please help!!!

·
Banned
2,118 Posts
Replace the white holder on the back of the passenger taillight, it's the circuit boar basically
They are known to go bad in 03 and some 04, I have seen it several times
Cheap fix I think the part is like $15 or less

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it only the passenger side tail lamps holder that causes it? or could it be either one? also the Third brake light doesnt seem to light up, however the bulbs are good and Iv put my multimeter on it and it looks like there is no power being supplied after the connection plug into the housing, however the cargo lights still work.

·
Banned
2,118 Posts
I would go after the third brake light not getting power first
It could be either side but it is usually only the passenger side

·
Registered
497 Posts
I had the same thing happen coming back from Florida one weekend. Everytime we pulled over it would go away but it would come back on a few minutes down the road. we tolerated it for close to an hour before pulling off at a Walmart for me to purchase all new bulbs.

When I pulled the bulbs, I found them all to be good. When I looked closer, I found that the bulbs were loose in the holders. I was able to bend the tabs slightly and increase tension and I haven't had the problem again since.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Im now working across the country, and put it in storage for the interim, however when I get back and take it out of storage, I will try all of your great suggestions. Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts